Lets face it, stripes never really go out of style, they just ebb and flow in the stream of fashion. Designers continually call on stripes to add contrast, color, and dimension to their collections. Notable Italian knitwear label, Missoni, has specialized in colorful stripes and chevrons since the early 50’s. Striped pieces have been seen in the spring/summer runway collections of Akris, Proenza Schouler, Stella McCartney, and Marc Jacobs to name a few.
To wear stripes in a new and fun way this summer, mix them with other current big trends like color blocking, floral prints, and geometric patterns, or try mixing micro stripes with wide stripes of a different color. Accessorize with a straw tote bag, ankle strap wedges, and wide bangles. There are countless combinations, enough to last the whole season so channel your inner boating muse and get on it.
1. Asos Baum Und Pferdgarten Jersey Shorts Stripe
2. Gap Floppy Sun Hat
3. Juicy Couture Chevron Stripe Scarf
4. Frances May Gretchen Jones Creeping Devil Tank Dress
5. Current Elliott Stiletto Cropped Low-Rise Skinny Jeans
6. Betsy & Iya Unison Necklace
7. Delicata Pencil Skirt
8. Fashion Against Aids Necklace
9. Will Leather Goods Guatemalan Tote
10. Wattage Stripe Heel Wedges