If you added up the cost of all the beauty products I’ve tried in my lifetime, it could easily rival the national debt. And I know I’m not alone. That’s one of the many reasons I’m obsessed with trying at home, natural beauty products. They don’t have a ton of creepy chemicals in them, no bunnies were tortured in the making, and you can get them for peanuts.
This week we turn our eye to magical coconut oil. Not only does this healthy oil turn your stir-fry broccoli into delicious bites of heaven, you can use it for a host of magical beauty remedies with its winning combo of antimicrobial and ultra moisturizing properties. Bonus: It makes everything smell like a tropical vacation.
Our Top 10 home uses for coconut oil:
- Cuticle cream - Use a thin layer to keep the hangnails at bay.
- Shave gel – The hydration means your razor will slide super easily.
- Make up remover – Let the oil breakdown your eyeliner and mascara easily before wiping it away.
- Wrinkle fighter – Once the makeup is gone, smooth on a little more. Keeping the eyes super hydrated help diminish those laugh lines.
- Massage Oil – Good for partners and to rub your own barking dogs at the end of the day.
- Deodorant – With its natural fungi and bacteria fighting components, some avid fans swear by a swipe under the arm in place of traditional deodorant.
- Deep conditioner – Give those frazzled split ends a break from the cold weather. Rub the ends with oil as soon as you get in the shower and let them sit until you’ve done all your other business, rinse and go.
- Cellulite fighter – Rumor has it, consistent use of rubbing coconut oil into that stubborn pocketed flesh helps smooth out those wretched bumps.
- Body moisturizer – Use it as your every day lotion from head to toe.
- Fix cracked heels – Rest your beat up heels in between pedicures by slathering on some oil post nighttime shower, then putting on a clean pair of socks over it before bed. Wake up in the morning with silky soft feet