Since debuting in October 2003, Portland Monthly has become the No. 1-selling magazine in the state of Oregon. The magazine outsells local and national magazine titles by a full 2-to-1 ratio and is widely established as Portland’s premier print media vehicle in reaching active, affluent residents of the Portland metropolitan area and beyond.
Portland Monthly readers enjoy a sophisticated life. They define themselves by their life experiences, their accomplishments, and their interests. Whether they’re making choices related to entertainment, dining, spas/fitness, shopping, travel, museums, theater, the outdoors, or local wine tastings, Portland Monthly is their principal guide.
Portland Monthly has a Circulation Verification Council-audited readership of 332,771 readers per issue, and a circulation of 51,558, of which more than 27,000 are subscribers. The magazine’s circulation strategy utilizes three major distribution channels:
Portland Monthly is available at more than 450 newsstands, specialty grocery stores, and local retailers across metropolitan Portland, nearly all of which give the magazine prominent checkout aisle placement. Retailers include: Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertson’s, QFC, Whole Foods, Zupan’s, New Seasons, Powell’s Books, Borders, and Barnes & Noble, as well as key airport locations and many more.
Subscription & Lobby Copies
In addition to the magazine’s ever-growing paid home and office subscriber base, over 10,000 copies of Portland Monthly are placed in intensely high readership and pass-along venues, such as prominent hotels, hospitals, and physicians’ and attorneys’ offices.
Who is the Portland Monthly reader?
- 41 Median Age
- $169,009 Average Household Income
- 38% Have a home value of $400,000 plus.
- 61% Are Executive, Professional, or Managerial.
- 69% Own their own home.
- 97% Have been to college.
- 32.1% hold graduate degrees.
- 73% Do NOT have a newspaper delivered to their home/office.
- 69% Female 31% Male
- 80% Plan to take 4+ trips in the next year.
- 68% Visit full-service restaurants 5+ times per month.
- 24% Have children under the age of 18 in their home.
- 37% Are cyclers.
- 43% Practice yoga/meditation/pilates.
- 83% Plan to purchase women’s apparel in the next year.
- 56% Plan to purchase furniture/home furnishings in the next year.
Source: 2015 Circulation Verification Council Audit & 2015 Readership Study
Editorial Calendar & Ad Rates
If you are a new or existing advertiser, please download our Digital Requirements for Print and Digital Requirements for online ads. If you have any questions about the Digital Requirements or need further assistance, please contact our production director, Claire McNally, at 503-222-5144 ×124 or firstname.lastname@example.org