Portland Monthly is seeking smart, energetic, talented people to fill the positions below. See what it takes to join our team.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated, meticulous, team-player for an immediate opening in the position of Production Coordinator based in the Portland Monthly office in Portland, OR.
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Houston, Seattle, Portland, Sarasota, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Houstonia, Seattle Met, Portland Monthly, and Sarasota Magazine produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Santa Monica, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene and Vancouver.
This position will serve as support to the Sarasota Magazine Production Staff as well as other SagaCity media titles.
- Two years of successful experience in production or graphic design.
- Bachelor’s degree required/preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Must have a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and prepress processes.
- Creates and maintains production calendars, and must communicate those dates to internal team members and vendors.
- Troubleshoots advertiser-supplied files for production errors.
- Places advertisements in publication layouts, creating print-quality PDF files, and preparing or reviewing files for press and their various digital editions.
- May also be asked to design ads for advertisers.
The salary for this position is $35,000 per year and the hours are Monday – Friday, 6 am to 3 pm.
For consideration, please email your resume, relevant work samples, and a list of potential references and a cover letter with relevant experience by February 12th with Production Coordinator written in the subject field of the e-mail to email@example.com.
SagaCity Media, Inc. is an EEO employer. For more information about us, please visit: sagacitymedia.com