Portland Monthly is seeking smart, energetic, talented people to fill the positions below. See what it takes to join our team.
Portland Monthly is seeking a highly motivated, seasoned Advertising Sales Executive to drive sales revenue and growth for the company. This is a “hunter” role and provides exceptional players with uncapped earning potential as well as professional development.
KEY ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create new business opportunities through personal selling activities and great networking
· Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential for Sagacity Media
· Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
· Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
· Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
· Expand and maintain existing client relationships
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATES
· Bachelor’s degree + 3 – 5 years sales experience in a B2B environment
· Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
· Well-networked in the Portland marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
· Ability to get in front of high-level decision makers
· Consultative selling experience a must
· Ability to work both independently and as a team player
· Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
· Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills, well versed in Excel, Powerpoint (Adobe InDesign a plus)
· Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Very competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
· SagaCity benefits include medical, dental insurance, retirement savings, paid holidays, and personal days.
ABOUT SAGACITY MEDIA
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of Portland Monthly, Seattle Met, Houstonia, Aspen Sojourner, Park City Magazine, Vail-Beaver Creek Magazine, Portland Bride & Groom, Seattle Met Bride & Groom, and dozens of other custom and editorial publications. Seattle Met and Portland Monthly are both among the top 10 biggest-selling city magazines in the nation, and are the number one-selling magazines in their respective markets, over all national and regional titles. For information about SagaCity Media, visit http://sagacitymedia.com/.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Monthly magazine is seeking an experienced, strategic, innovative, and results-oriented Sales Manager to build and lead a converged media sales organization. This special opportunity is for the candidate who is a high-achieving sales leader with a keen understanding of digital and print advertising platforms. The Sales Manager must be able to embrace and communicate a sales vision that inspires and motivates others. The Sales Manager will help create and lead sales strategy to uncover and develop market opportunities for revenue, through acquisition, retention, and consultative selling concepts. A strong understanding of audience-based selling is critical. Experience in developing and executing sales strategies across multiple platforms—including digital solutions considering display, search, mobile, e-mail, online directories, and video, as well as the core print magazine and niche publications and products—is vital. We offer a highly competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, and opportunities for additional commissions. If you are looking for a work experience that provides inspiration, creativity, and a locally invested staff with an eye towards innovation and growth, apply for this job.
Leadership & Strategy: Responsible for building and leading the company's sales organization.
- Direct, oversee, strategize, and lead the Sales team.
- Work in conjunction with Publisher to manage a strategic planning process to achieve revenue budgets by product type, and develop new revenue opportunities.
- Generate strategic and tactical recommendations of multimedia bundled products/offerings to use as pre-Sales “templates” (e.g., solutions presentations, proposals, demo scripts, business cases).
- Design and manage all aspects of sales compensation plan for sales team (commission structures, bonuses, contests, etc.).
- Work with Publisher and Marketing Director on various aspects of digital revenue operations including new event, special advertising sections and program development, advertising rates, bundling strategies; supervise the selling, planning, and analyzing of advertising programs.
Goals and Quotas: Yearly and monthly goals will be set in coordination with the Publisher. Sales Manager should, at a minimum, meet their monthly and yearly quotas, and should strive to exceed them.
Relationship Development: Work with Publisher to cultivate relationships with existing key advertisers, partners, and ad agencies to help grow revenue.
Sales Management Process: Responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation, management and adoption of Magazine Manager. Work weekly with advertising executives to maintain revenue pacing.
- Determine short term and long term goals that inspire the sales team to succeed.
- Develop, execute and enforce the Magazine Manager minimum activity levels to build a pipeline of business and closed contracts.
- Support operations with sales tools, tactics, data, and process.
- Establish and report on sales metrics, forecast/commits, churns, and other key sales metrics.
- Manage the process of the sales pipeline and revenue forecast in Magazine Manager to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process as well as future new business revenue.
- Manage the process of delegating accounts/territories and new business leads to sales staff.
- Ensure that CRM is updated with customer segmentation data to be used for e-mail prospecting and marketing campaigns.
- Manage administrative responsibilities such as filling out RFP's in a timely and accurate manner, tracking contracts and sales, following through on contract expirations, and performing other related duties as assigned.