Portland Monthly is seeking smart, energetic, talented people to fill the positions below. See what it takes to join our team.
Portland Monthly is seeking an innovative and experienced team player for an immediate opening in the position of Digital Editor. The Digital Editor will join Portland Monthly’s editorial team and Web Producer to develop and produce engaging content for the magazine’s digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and strategic thinker who is self-motivated, well-organized, and proactive, with exceptional communication skills.
- Maintain the magazine’s style, aesthetic, and editorial standards across the magazine’s website, e-newsletters, and social media channels.
- Conceive, report, and write and/or produce enterprising, in-depth stories for both digital and print media.
- Collaborate with the Web Producer, Editors, and Art Directors to upload the monthly magazine’s online and Tablet editions.
- Work with the editorial team to craft innovative approaches for digitally showcasing content from the print magazine, including multimedia features.
- Contribute to, copyedit, and oversee the direction, quality, and tone of the magazine’s food, culture, travel, health, and design blogs and associated e-mail newsletters.
- Establish and maintain a digital editorial calendar and web-exclusive features.
- Monitor digital analytics and develop reports and strategies for improving metrics, increasing quantity and quality of digital traffic.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies, strategies, and social media platforms.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communication or similar field preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated experience in short-form, Internet-savvy writing
- 3–5 years of successful experience in digital publishing and social media management, preferably in a publishing field
- Intimate familiarity with social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- Experience with SEO optimization, HTML, and content management systems
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- News and/or lifestyle reporting, writing, and editing experience preferred.
ABOUT SAGACITY MEDIA
SagaCity Media Inc. is the parent company of the preeminent lifestyle media brands in Portland, Seattle, Houston, Aspen, Vail, and Park City. In their respective markets, Portland Monthly, Seattle Met, and Houstonia, Seattle Met produce the largest-selling magazines, most-visited local lifestyle websites, and industry-dominating numbers of engaged social media followers. SagaCity also proudly produces web content and publications elsewhere, many of them award-winning, for conventions and visitors bureaus or lodging associations in such markets as Portland, Seattle, Santa Monica, Aspen, Washington state, Eastern Oregon, Bellevue, Tacoma, Galveston, Aurora, Eugene, and Vancouver.
Send a cover letter, resume, and a link to an online portfolio if available to email@example.com with “Digital Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.