Clear Creek Distillery’s Egg Nog
(Adapted from the Fanny Farmer Cookbook)
- 12 eggs separated (the fresher the better)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar (or more to taste)
- 2 or more cups Clear Creek Apple Brandy
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 quart milk
- 2 Tablespoons high quality vanilla extract
- 3 pints heavy cream
- Nutmegs to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
1. Take out three large bowls. In the first bowl beat together the 12 egg yolks and the salt.
2. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until thick and pale.
3. Stir in the brandy rum, milk, vanilla until well mixed.
4. In the second bowl whip the cream until stiff.
5. In the third bowl beat the egg whites until foamy; slowly add the remaining 3/4 cups sugar, continuing to beat until stiff and all the sugar has been incorporated.
6. Now fold the egg white mixture (bowl one) into the yolk mixture (bowl three) and then fold that mixture into the whipped cream (bowl two).
7. Taste and add brandy and/or sugar to taste.
8. Pour into bowl or pitcher and sprinkle the top with nutmeg and cinnamon.