While the term updo might conjure up images of prom night and Aqua Net, it really just means anytime you get it up off your neck. And we all know how good that feels on a hot muggy day. But just because it’s utilitarian doesn’t mean you can’t get a little jazzy with it.
From combs to jewels and everything in between, plunking something pretty in your hair is just as fun now as when we were five. Check out the runway inspiration below and flip through the slide show to find where to pick up some supplies to do the job. Or if your inner hippie desire, just string a crown of daisies and throw them on top.
1. Julia Barbee Fox tail and rhinestone tiara
2. Miu Miu Faux pearl and crystal metal headband
3. Free People mixed thread hair wraps in blue flower
4. Anthropologie printed fabric bobbie in purple motif
5. Shopbop black stone & crystal embellished headband
6. Eugenia Kim Chiara in melon
7. Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal gauze scrunchie 2 pack
8. Forever 21 eight piece hair claw set
9. Marc Jacobs Marc flower barrette in black
10. Eden Balinese crown
For additional trend examples check out our Shop Talk Pinterest