1) OnPoint Community
Founded in 1932 by 16 schoolteachers, OnPoint is Oregon’s largest credit union.
- Members: 272,000+
- Assets: $3.6B
- Bonus! Mortgages designed for first-time buyers offer 100 percent financing and a 30-year fixed rate.
A merger of one credit union formed by power-company employees in the 1920s and another formed by City of Portland employees in the 1930s, Advantis is now open to residents of 23 Oregon counties and Washingtonians.
- Members: 56,000+
- Assets: $1.1B
- Bonus! The Advantis Rehab Mortgage covers the cost of improvements as well as the home purchase or refinance.
Founded in 1951 by 140 Safeway employees
- Members: 68,000+
- Assets: $600M
- Bonus! The Hawthorne branch was built with eco-friendly materials, and 78 percent of construction waste was recycled.
4) Point West
Founded in 1932 by seven Multnomah County employees
- Members: 9,300+
- Assets: $93M
- Bonus! Boasts that one-third of its staff is bilingual
Founded in 1935 by 11 Portland Gas & Coke employees, Trailhead rebranded in 2012, aiming to attract youthful urbanites.
- Members: 7,000+
- Assets: $95M
- Bonus! Unusually, offers mortgages for houseboats