Make Waves: A Wellness Retreat Meets Creative Summit with Hush Meditation and Emily Katz
What: An inspiring two-day workshop from We Make Waves featuring Hush Meditation, special guest Emily Katz, and workshops on mindful communication, messaging, intentional living, future mapping, and manifestation. Learn how to distinctly communicate and visualize what you want to bring into your life. Registration costs include sessions on site, workshop materials, healthy lunch with allergy-friendly options, snacks, coffee, and beverages. To keep it personal, space is limited to 25 participants per workshop.
When: Saturday and Sunday, June 13 and 14
Where: Swift Agency, 1714 NW Overton St
How much: $566 for a weekend of workshops, healthy food, and moe. Use code MakeWaves20 for a 20% discount. Tickets and more information here.
International Day of Yoga in Pioneer Square on the Summer Solstice
What: This June 21, there will be celebrations world-wide and YogaDayPortland is joining in to host a free, family-friendly Yoga Day in Pioneer Courthouse Square sponsored in part by Prana, Wailana Yoga, Humm Kombucha, and the Portland Juice Company. International Yoga Day, was recently declared by the United Nations under the direction of the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi. The United Nations declared June 21st to be the International Day of Yoga, and 175 nations including the US, Canada and China co-sponsored the resolution. The intention of the resolution is to promote harmony and peace for humanity, which is the essence of Yoga. For anyone who has wanted to try yoga, this is a great opportunity to join together with your friends, family and the Portland yoga community and do some free classes in a fun, festive and non-intimidating atmosphere. There will be four yoga classes on the day given by various Portland Yoga instructors accompanied by live music and kirtan performers. Kids will have a place to try out animal themed yoga activities and crafts in the kids tent and can also get face paint, animal balloons, or relax in savasana on a yoga mat!
Where: Pioneer Courthouse Square
When: June 21st from 9 am-3 pm. YogaDayPortland Class Schedule:
- 9:30 am-10:15 am: Warm up with a Sun Salutation Flow taught by Leah Marshall
- 11:15 am-12:00 pm: A Beginner and Dad’s Yoga Class taught by Tony Roberts, who came to yoga later in life as a way to recover from sports injuries. If you are intimidated by yoga, this is a great place to start!
- 12:30 pm-1:15 pm: Harness power and strength with Superhero Yoga with Hanna Shoen, remember to wear your favorite superhero attire!
- 1:30 pm-2:15 pm: Umeko Walker, a special guest Yoga instructor coming from Los Angeles will lead the last class bringing the audience through a YogaMove series and segway into a finale dance and chant for World Peace.
Yoga in the Vines at Raptor Ridge Winery
What: Love wine? Love yoga? Get this: Annie Shull, owner of Raptor Ridge winery, will be leading meditation and hosting yoga classes amidst the pinot noir vines in the Chehalem Mountains just outside of Portland. All levels are welcome, and the classes—taught by instructors from Yoga IN—will include both vinyasa flows and restorative experiences. After each class, guests will enjoy a private tasting of Raptor Ridge's wine portfolio paired with small bites prepared by Nourishment Food and Yoga.
When: June 21, August 16, November 5
Where: Raptor Ridge Winery, 18700 SW Hillsboro Highway, Newberg
How much: $50 per person, including wine and snacks. Tickets and more information here.
Live Rockin' Flow with DJ Drishti at The Grinning Yogi
What: A fierce vinyasa flow class set to a prana-packed, live DJ-ed high intensity playlist featuring the latest hits and the songs that still vibrate in your soul. Yoga and music lovers unite as you 'rock' and sweat your way into centeredness. This high-energy class is designed to burn away excess toxins, tension, and negativity leaving you feeling connected and content.
When: July 2
Where: The Grinning Yogi, 3110 SE Division St.
How much: $20, all levels welcome.
Sokol Blosser Summer Vineyard Hikes
What: A 3-mile hike looping around the various blocks on the 120-acre Sokol Blosser estate, complete with tastings of the wines made from the featured vineyard blocks. Along the way, hikers will learn about Sokol Blosser Winery’s family history, geology, and organic farming practices, and at the end you'll be rewarded with lunch (and more wine, of course). Each half-day hike excursion is limited to 25 people, so advance registration is required!
Where: 5000 Sokol Blosser Lane, Dundee, OR
When: July 11, August 15, and September 12. Hikes start at 10 am and end around 2:30 pm.
How much: $75 per person/$60 per Cellar Club member. To reserve your spot, call 503-864-2282 or email email@example.com. More information here.
2015 North American Body-Mind Centering Association Conference
What: A weekend of experiential workshops, performances, panels, films, and discussions with Body-Mind Centering practitioners (an embodied approach to movement, body and consciousness), and a diverse collection of somatic researchers. Meet Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, founder of Body-Mind Centering, and learn from over 70 somatic experts from around the globe, including including locals like Sarah Barnaby, Amy Matthews, Rene Sills, Mary Lou Seerieter, Wendy Hambidge, Lanie Bergin, and Mizu Desierto.
When: July 24-26
Where: Reed College Campus
How much: Registration begins at $400. More information here.
Wine Country Marathons!
- Dundee Hills Fueled By Fine Wine Half Marathon—July 12: Back for the sixth consecutive year, Fueled By Fine Wine features a scenic and challenging 13.1-mile course through the Valley’s oldest viticultural area. A post-race celebration in Dundee features wine from roughly twenty local producers, live music, and a swag bag.
- Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon—August 8: A 13.1-mile race beginning at Stoller Family Estate and finishing in the charming, wine-loving town of Carlton. Racers wind through gorgeous backroads before being greeted by a finish line party with live music and wine.