Not many local beers are as old as McMenamins' Hammerhead Ale.
First brewed in January 1986 at SW Portland's Hillsdale Pub, the humble Hammerhead may not be the flashiest pint in town these days, but it is one of the few micros with roots in our pre-Beervana history.
To celebrate, McMenamins is throwing it a birthday bash of sorts, offering discounted pints, growler fills, and food specials at all their locations.
The best deal, however, is at the new NW 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop, where you can score a tasting tray of four different varieties of Hammerhead, including a cask-conditioned and a fresh-hopped 30th anniversary edition, for 8 bucks.
Hammerhead Ale specials:
- Pints of Hammerhead, $4
- Bottles of Hammerhead to-go, $4.50
- Growler fills of Hammerhead, $8
- Hammerhead Ale Cheese Fondue, served with Bavarian pretzel, $6
- Hammerhead BBQ Pork Sliders, house-smoked pork & buttermilk coleslaw, $8.75
- Hammerhead Birthday Burger, 6oz fresh beef patty, onion rings, bacon, cheddar, Hammerhead BBQ sauce with your side of choice, $13.25