- Early-morning runs along N Willamette Boulevard
- Egg sandwiches at Sweedeedee (+ honey cake)
- The obscurantist stacks of Mississippi Records
- Wafer-thin zines at Reading Frenzy
- A quest for N Lombard’s best burrito: begin the search now!
- Buying a tie at the Man’s Shop in St. Johns
- The unusually narrow—but magical—one-and-a-half-block section of SW Park Avenue that instantly transports you to a random NYC side street (You’ll know it when you find it.)
- Ultra-urban happy hour at Momo’s, cozily encased between the backs of houses, rear windows, and fire escapes
- The glistening concrete cascades at Lovejoy Fountain
- Piles of strange magazines from Rich’s Cigar Store
- The Marquam Trail to Council Crest—you’ve done it, yeah?
- The explosion of Cascadian delicousness that is the Hillsdale Farmers Market
- Starting the day at Crema Coffee and Bakery: no pretension, just serious coffee
- Davenport for dinner
- Second-run flicks in 1920s art deco splendor at the Laurelhurst Theater
- The Taboada Triangle: John Taboada’s dining trilogy, including frontline PDX restaurant revolutionary Navarre, bespoke cocktails at Angel Face, gorgeous pasta at Luce
- Meat for Cats and Dogs: it’s exactly what it says it is.
- Sharp, chic bohemian fashion at Palace
- Stars Antique Mall, for weird new treasures
- A bike ride to SE Stark’s “vegan mini-mall” for tempeh bacon croissants and a wedge of cashew peppercorn brie
- Beating the dim sum hordes to H. K. Café for egg yolk buns and siu mai
- Fairy-forest-like Leach Botanical Garden
- Arepas and mescal cocktails in Teote’s lush backyard dining room
- BYOB happy hour—we’ll bring the Stoller Family Estate rosé—at Alberta Park
- Broadway Books, the essence of old-school neighborhood bookstore; Black Hat Books, the essence of new-school neighborhood bookstore
- Cocktails and cured meats at Free House
- Ham biscuits at Old Salt
- The Spare Room, right across the street
- Popina Swim
- The secret beach on Marine Drive
- Reading in the sun at Couch Park
- Hidden nooks: Northwest Trinity Place, the Aspen Staircase, the Liechtenstein Consulate (There really is one.)
- A ferny run on Forest Park’s Maple Trail
- Sterling Coffee’s soul-stirring cappuccino
- Ground Kontrol!
- The family-run international cornucopia of World Foods Market
- Yur’s, the Dockside, the Republic—never change!