Since debuting in October 2003, Portland Monthly has become the No. 1-selling magazine in the state of Oregon. The magazine outsells local and national magazine titles by a full 2-to-1 ratio and is widely established as Portland’s premier print media vehicle in reaching active, affluent residents of the Portland metropolitan area and beyond.
Portland Monthly readers enjoy a sophisticated life. They define themselves by their life experiences, their accomplishments, and their interests. Whether they’re making choices related to entertainment, dining, spas/fitness, shopping, travel, museums, theater, the outdoors, or local wine tastings, Portland Monthly is their principal guide.
Portland Monthly has a Circulation Verification Council-audited readership of 492,075 readers per issue, and a circulation of 51,120, of which more than 27,000 are subscribers. The magazine’s circulation strategy utilizes three major distribution channels:
Portland Monthly is available at more than 450 newsstands, specialty grocery stores, and local retailers across metropolitan Portland, nearly all of which give the magazine prominent checkout aisle placement. Retailers include: Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertson’s, QFC, Whole Foods, Zupan’s, New Seasons, Powell’s Books, Borders, and Barnes & Noble, as well as key airport locations and many more.
Subscription & Lobby Copies
In addition to the magazine’s ever-growing paid home and office subscriber base, over 10,000 copies of Portland Monthly are placed in intensely high readership and pass-along venues, such as prominent hotels, hospitals, and physicians’ and attorneys’ offices.
Who is the Portland Monthly reader?
- 44 Median Age
- $207,440 Average Household Income
- 43% Have a home value of $400,000 plus.
- 61% Are Executive, Professional, or Managerial.
- 74% Own their own home.
- 95% Have been to college.
- 21% Hold graduate degrees.
- 73% Do NOT have a newspaper delivered to their home/office.
- 65% Female 35% Male
- 67% Plan to take 4+ trips in the next year.
- 61% Visit full-service restaurants 5+ times per month.
- 65% Plan to purchase women’s apparel in the next year.
- 45% Plan to purchase furniture/home furnishings in the next year.
- 42% Will make home improvements in the next year.
- 59% Have attended a food, drink, or wine tasting event in the past year.
- 38% Have attended a charity event in the past year.
- 70% Have attended a live music performance in the past year.
- 80% Frequently purchase products and services from ads seen in Portland Monthly.
- 36% Plan to purchase a new/used vehicle in the next 12 months.
Source: 2017 Circulation Verification Council Audit & 2017 Readership Study
Editorial Calendar & Ad Rates
For full details on our editorial calendar and advertising rates, please contact Publisher Cortlandt Cuffee at 971-200-7022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events & Sponsorships
More than a magazine, Portland Monthly is dedicated to creating an environment where our community can come together and enjoy memorable, one-of-a-kind experiences. In bringing the city the latest eats, drinks, entertainment, style, and ideas, we also structure our events so many of them benefit a local charity and promote community involvement and goodwill.
From our existing signature events to custom projects, we are able to reach a diverse, active and affluent audience. For an upcoming events schedule, sponsorship opportunities, or to hire us to produce an event tailored to you, please contact Samantha Eaton at 971-200-7054 or email@example.com.
In addition to our custom & signature events, we are proud to support numerous community organizations through our media sponsorship program. To submit your event for consideration, please complete our sponsorship application.
We look forward to working with you!
If you are a new or existing advertiser, please download our Digital Requirements for Print and Digital Requirements for online ads. If you have any questions about the Digital Requirements or need further assistance, please contact our production manager, Scott Weber, at 971.200.7046 or firstname.lastname@example.org