Win a VIP Food Road Trip Experience
Food. Road trips. Ever since Marco Polo wandered out to China and came back with spaghetti (that’s what happened, right?), discovering new food has been a great motivator for hitting the road.
So Portland Monthly is excited to team up with Travel Oregon and Alaska Airlines to serve up a hearty, highly mobile dose of Oregon bounty for one lucky reader. The gourmet odyssey starts with airfare, lodging, and two VIP passes to Feast Portland, the outrageous three-day culinary festival that brings America’s foodie elite to Portland. Then a five-night road trip, with ground transportation (and food! And drink!) provided, unlocks the culinary riches of Central and Eastern Oregon.
To enter to win, visit facebook.com/portlandmonthly. Then check out Travel Oregon’s seven “food trails”—a glimpse of what makes eating across Oregon better than eating just about anywhere else:
- High Desert Brews: Beef and beer in the beauty of Oregon’s arid heartland? Sounds good to us.
- Wine Country Weekend: A deep dive into the agricultural (and viticultural) riches of the Willamette Valley.
- Rivers Run Through It: The seas and rivers of Southern Oregon provide rich sustainable seafood harvests.
- Eastern Oregon by the Glass: The state’s far eastern corner is a wonderland of scenic (and potable) wonders.
- Wild and Edible: Foraging for some of Oregon’s wildest flavors.
- Oregon Cheese Trail: The state’s burgeoning culture of artisan cheesemakers harnesses our historic dairy industry.
- Canyons, Peaks, and Orchards: The fruit-growing country of Hood River is ripe for discovery.