Lake Oswego Development Prioritizes Health, Builds Wellness Community
Many people are taking stock of their lifestyles and overall health as we strive to move to a post-pandemic world. Connection to community, healthy living and work-life balance have become greater priorities—driving the desire for easy access to spaces that encourage these connections.
Mercato Grove is a new residential and retail neighborhood in Lake Oswego that seems to have opened at the perfect time to satisfy these health-focused priorities.
“It feels serendipitous that this community is opening in 2021,” says Jenn Zella, cofounding principal and chief visionary officer of CID Design Group (which created many of the wellness spaces at Mercato Grove). “This last year made us acutely aware of what matters most and how paramount health and wellness is to each and every one of us. With dedicated areas for fitness, aquatics, crafting, gardening, pets, workspaces, and play environments for residents of all backgrounds and ages, it’s easier than ever to nourish healthy pastimes right at home.”
Health- and community-focused amenities are shown to decrease stress and improve one’s sense of purpose and life expectancy. Living a long, healthy life is easier when our environment nudges us into moving without thinking about it, allows time and space for reflection, provides access to healthy food, and connects us with neighbors and nature. These priorities are at the core of Mercato Grove’s architecture and amenities.
Wellness Amenities at Mercato Grove:
- A Focus on Fitness: From the fitness room to the bike shop, Mercato Grove has made it easy for residents to prioritize their health with quick access to the top gear and equipment.
- A Spa at Home: Taking time to relax has never been more important, which is why the team included a pool, outdoor lounge, infrared sauna therapy room and aromatherapy steam room.
- Good for You: Orangetheory Fitness and Clean Juice are also onsite to help keep residents and guests on track with fitness and health goals.
Community Amenities at Mercato Grove:
- Spaces to Gather: Mercato Grove is home to a library parlor, garden patio, duck sanctuary and fireside whiskey lounge—all of which allow residents and guests to come together over conversation or a shared passion.
- Multigenerational Connections: Be it cooking, playing or gaming; Mercato Grove provides a space for each with a garden patio makerspace, mini crafter room and kid playhouse, as well as an arcade game room.
- Eating Out, Together: The restaurants onsite are positioned around the shared outdoor pavilion, so guests can get dishes from different restaurants but share them at the same table. Restaurants at Mercato Grove include: Tasty, Oven and Shaker, Lardo, Grassa, Lac St. Jack, Fills and Ovation Coffee.
Mercato Grove is a thoughtful, wellness-focused residential experience unlike anything available outside Portland’s urban core—a one-of-a-kind suburban setting. And with four distinct neighborhoods and design aesthetics accentuating signature quality and charm, it’s bound to attract like-minded residents who know that when their community is healthy, so are they.
Located at the intersection of Kruse Way and Boones Ferry Road in Lake Oswego, Mercato Grove has a mix of studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments, and townhomes currently available. Schedule a private tour today by visiting mercatogrove.com.