A Very Sunriver Spring
Gear up for a truly unforgettable spring getaway that will have the family reminiscing for years to come. From hitting scenic bike trails to hanging poolside, here are seven must-do activities for you and your family this season.
1. Make a Splash at The Cove - With indoor and outdoor pools, jetted spas and waterslide, The Cove Aquatic Center offers something for all ages. Little ones will enjoy playing in the gently flowing eddy, taking a nature walk or exploring the discovery area. Refuel with drinks and snacks from The Spotted Frog.
2. Stargaze at the Sunriver Observatory - Did you know that Sunriver is recognized as an International Dark Sky Place? That means you can enjoy truly exceptional views of the moon, planets, star clusters, and nebulas. Head to The Observatory, the largest of its kind in the country, for solar- and night-sky viewing. An astronomer-led presentation and laser-guided constellation tour complete the experience, making for an unforgettable evening.
3. Bike Sunriver's Trails - Explore the scenic landscape of Sunriver Resort by bike. With 40 miles of paved biking paths, there are trails for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced. Rent a bike from The Bike Barn at Sunriver and ride alongside the Deschutes River, pine tree forests and picturesque meadow. It’s the perfect place for cruising with the family, with great flat areas for those still learning to ride.
4. Swing into Action at our Four Award Winning Golf Courses - Discover the perfect pairing of award-winning golf and stunning natural surroundings at one of our four courses, Crosswater, Meadows, Woodlands, and Caldera Links. Graced with carefully preserved wetlands, evergreen forests and breathtaking meadows, golf at Sunriver Resort is an unforgettable experience for golfers of all levels.
5. Refuel and Savor a Meal Together - From breakfast on-the-go to apres-adventure cocktails and hearty sit-down meals, Sunriver’s 10 dining options will keep you refueled throughout your day’s activities. Head to The Owl's Nest for casual pub fare in a cozy atmosphere, visit The Grille at Crosswater for New American cuisine amidst a memorable setting, or sit down at Lodge Kitchen for seasonal, locally-sourced dishes sure to satisfy every taste. An array of on-site cafes are also available for refreshments and quick bites throughout the day, including The Spotted Frog at The Cove, Starbucks at The Village, and more.
6. Relax and Rejuvenate at Sage Springs Spa - Treat yourself to a day of pampering at Sage Springs Spa. With a variety of services, including massages, facials, and body treatments, you'll leave feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Don't forget to take advantage of the spa's infrared sauna and Oasis Room — featuring a soaking tub and cooling rain shower designed for hot and cold therapy.
7. Join Takoda the Bear on a Scavenger Hunt - Embark on a fun and interactive scavenger hunt with Takoda the Bear, Sunriver Resort's friendly mascot. Your mission? There are six Takoda Bears across the resort participating in some of his favorite activities. Find all six and report back what activities he’s up to. If you get all of them correct, you’ll win a sweet treat from the Merchant Trader Gift Shop.
With so many exciting activities to choose from, Sunriver Resort is the ultimate spring destination. Book your stay today and start planning your adventure-packed itinerary.