Trend Watch: Mixed Media
Ever spot out a girl at a party who seems to be perfectly mismatched in all the right ways? The art of print, texture and fabric mixing is always the sign of a clever fashionista. For some it’s a natural skill and for others it’s a learned art. Now thanks to designers like Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta, and Versace, it can be an acquired (read: purchased) skill.
Look for items that play with contrasting textures- leather on wool boucle, faux fur on transparent, glitter on chiffon, and, of course, mixed prints. Run with the quirky on this one, there isn’t a defined right or wrong (unless you feel like it looks bad, then trust your gut).
1. Appetite Nina leather flap bag in Steel Blue Algae print
2. Betsy & Iya The Beam earrings
3. ASOS Kookai boxy jacket with leather sleeve
4. Revolve Clothing LADAHK Evil Apple stretch suede legging in slate
5. Anthropologie sweater-front button down
6. Merideth Griffin Jewelry silver chain necklace with wood and amethyst pendant
7. Nasty Gal Caballero ankle book
8. Elizabeth and James Julian sleeveless blouse
9. Urban Outfitters MINKPINK Scorpio Rising mini dress
10. Topshop Lace Cross open shoulder sweatshirt
11. Tory Burch Ellie scarf belt
For additional trend examples check out our Shop Talk Pinterest.