Tuesday Night Flights at Remedy Wine Bar
If you have trouble picking one wine to sip from a list of killer bottles, are on a budget and want to explore new varietals, or are intimidated by wine in general, curated flights are the indecisive drinker's dream.
These crafted selections of small pours are the perfect way to sip through several wines without racking up a major bill (or getting stuck with a full glass of something you don't love).
At the new Remedy Wine Bar, one of our favorite local wine gurus Dan Beekley (featured in our 50 Best Wines of Oregon feature) has put together a line-up of affordable and fun weekly flights to explore lesser-known wine regions, celebrate seasonal varietals, and answer those perplexing pairing questions:
Northwest Non-pinot Reds
October 29, 4-10 pm
- Flight #1, $15: Oregon—Teutonic Pinot Meunier Borgo Pass Vineyard 2012, Jan-Marc Kortge Merlot Columbia Gorge 2010; Roxy Ann Cabernet Franc Rogue Valley 2009
- Flight #2, $25: Washington—McKinley Springs Malbec Horse Heaven Hills 2008; Foundry Vineyard Artisan Series 2006; Efeste 'Big Papa' 2010
November 5, 4-10 pm: Beekley got his hands on some old magnums of Cahors from Southern which will go head-to-head with top-shelf Malbecs from Argentina.
- Flight #1, $24: A trip through Cahors—Clos la Coutale 2011, Clos de Gamot 2009, Chateau du Cayrou 1989 (from Magnum)
- Flight #2, $15: Argentina's Val de Uco—Tierra Divina Old Vine 2009, Bodegas Azul Reserva 2009, Altos las Hormigas Reserva 2009
A Thanksgiving Pairing Primer
November 12, 4-10 pm: Answering the timeless question, “What the hell goes with Thanksgiving dinner?” Nearly every wine under the sun has been proposed at one time or another to go with the noble bird and all its fixins', and at this event you'll mix-and-match, just like you might at the Thanksgiving table. There's something for everyone!
- Flight #1, $15: Whites—Alexana Revana Riesling 2011, Oregon; Guillaume Chardonnay Vieilles Vignes 2011, France; Larredya Jurancon Sec 2012, France
- Flight #2, $25: Reds—Bergstrom Shea Vineyard Pinot Noir 2010, Oregon; Usseglio Lirac 2011, France; Joseph Swan Zinfandel Russian River 2006, California
November 19, 4-10 pm: Just in time for Beaujolais Nouveau week...except, NO stinkin' Nouveaux here!
- Flight #1, $14: The Pretty—Domaine des Champs Grilles Saint-Amour 2010, Passot Les Rampaux Fleurie Vieilles Vignes 2011, Joel Rochette Morgon Cote du Py 2010
- Flight #2, $18: The Masculine—Domaine des Chers Julienas Vieilles Vignes 2011, Cheysson Chiroubles 2011, Hubert Lapierre Chenas Vieilles Vignes 2010 (from Magnum)
No reservations are required to join the Tuesday night tastings—just an open mind, a little bit of trust, and an appetite for discovery. For more information about the upcoming Tuesday Night Flights, head to Remedy's website.