Trend Watch: Glamping
Short hand for glamorous camping, glamping is something most people haven’t been acquainted with yet, though our hip Tripster blogger Kasey Cordell did a round up of some of the country’s best glamping sites. Imagine communing with nature while enjoying electricity, heating and cooling, sumptuous beds, hardwood floors, 3 meals served daily, housekeeping, and of course, nightly bonfires with s’mores (don’t burn your ’mallow). As air travel prices creep ever higher, the alternative idea of camping without the nuisances slowly appeal to even the most finicky city dweller.
But what does one wear while glamping? Even though designer labels haven’t fully embraced the idea, they still offer glamorous camping attire options in reasonable to ridiculous prices (because we like to look). Luxurious cashmere sweaters, slamming hiking boots with heels, soft faux fur throws, and lightweight down quilted puffer jackets make the experience all the more comfortable and stylish.
And hey, for some of us, it might be the only way you get us out into the woods. We hear they don’t have bathrooms out there….
1. Moncler Flavienne Jacket
2. J.Crew Cashmere Long-Sleeve Tee
3. F.S.C. Barber Signature Camper’s Candle
4. Anorak Kissing Stags Sleeping Bag
5. Frances May Olo-Victory Wolf: Bonfire Scent
6. Anthropologie J Brand Cargo
7. Piperlime Hunter Gabby Hiking Boot
8. Net-A-Porter Adidas by Stella McCartney Metallic Backpack
9. Chanel Angler Set
10. Madewell Perfect Chambray Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Ferrous Wash