A Bridal Blitz for the Fashionably Engaged
The words “bridal fashion show” sound like something your finally engaged aunt might drag you to at the other mall (you know, the one across town that no one goes to anymore). But let me dispel that mental association for you right now, because last night’s Engaged bridal fashion show was one of my favorite shows of the year.
Though a bit of fashion show fatigue has set in this week (Engaged was the seventh local show in the past month), the sleeper hit offered a full range of all things wedding style. Getting out of the sure-to-run-together slump of some shows with just gown followed by gown followed by gown, the producers brought in the full smorgasbord with bridal lingerie, headpieces, suits (for guys and gals), and of course, some jaw-dropping dresses.
- Sunjin Lee takes fairy princess-loving bride into the modern world with a more sophisticated take on silhouettes (a leather skirt and lace top? Count us in!), but maintains the sparkly bits for those that still want to feel like royalty.
- Duchess continues to impress with their takes on traditional suits, offering twists on patterns, ties, and even tailored suits for gals.
- Elizabeth Rohloff reminded the audience that really the dress is only part of the style equation with her gorgeous headpieces ranging from long 1920’s inspired lace pieces to fun 50’s fascinators.
- Before you put on the dress, you have to find the right lingerie. Lille Boutique offered a range of darling bra and panty sets in addition to some cozy robes for pre-wedding primping (and post-wedding lounging).
- The dynamic duo of young line Bad Wolf Clothier with their mod-era inspired suits (including one to-die for navy blue suit coat) paired perfectly with the vintage gowns from Eve in Eden.
- Finally, designer Sonia Kasperian of Urchin Redesign brought the fashion house down with her magical one of a kind gowns. Each is handmade from a variety of textiles to create stunning unusual gowns that could easily go far beyond the bridal realm. Not only would any bride be lucky to slip into one of these numbers, I predict it’s only a matter of time before the red carpet world comes calling.