Website Helps You Discover New Swimming Holes
The Swim Guide helps you find beaches and swimming holes near you—wherever you are.
The heat is upon us!
Which means you need to find a place to cool off. Stat.
Enter Swim Guide, a website built by the Canadian non-profit Lake Ontario Waterkeeper to help you discover new beaches, lakes, and swimming holes.
A short list of the site's features:
- Distinguish clean waters (Green) from polluted waters (Red)
- Get walking, driving, or transit directions
- Bookmark beaches for easy access
- Share your finds on social media
- Help protect your waterway by reporting pollution or environmental concerns
And while you're at it, don't forget to peruse Portland Monthly's list of 8 Great Swimming Holes.