Content at the Ace Hotel! Back again for what is always my favorite design event of the year, Saturday’s five-hour window of magic is sure to be fantastic with the impressive list of designers taking over the rooms.
Once a year the Portland design community takes vans and U-Haul’s to the corner of Stark and 10th Avenue, carrying up covert boxes and piles of unknown items, disappearing into their assigned hotel rooms. At 5 pm, the doors swing open and each room is converted to that company’s vision. Beyond the entertainment, the fantastic people watching, and the house party vibe, it’s a chance to get to know the designers and makers you love. Their creativity flows, and you take in the wonder.
Content at the Ace
Saturday, October 18
5–10 pm, $15–$20
1022 SW Stark Street
Familiarize yourself with some of the installations of years past here, and get excited about what’s to come Saturday night with these teasing tidbits from designers busy working away.
- Holly Stalder stays vague with only promising a live model and a fashion film from director Cassie Meder.
- Betsy Cross and Will Cervarich, owners of Betsy & Iya, say they aim to cover every inch of the room in notes we've saved for years.
- New collaborators Liza Rietz And Emily Bixler say guests should “visit room #200 to find out what 6/7, crochet, sculptural garments, national chocolate ice cream day, and Charlie Sheen's breakdown all have in common.”
- Emily Katz promises plants, 4000 feet of cotton rope, and custom screen-printed textiles inside a modern macramé cabin outpost with the goal of putting “tent” back in Content.
- Creative Director of Imaginary Authors, Ashod Simonian, says, bringing your phone is critical to their room experience. “This year we've created a room inspired by our latest release Yesterday Haze. It'll be a weird interactive space that allows participants to explore the mechanics of scent and memory.”
To see what these teasers translate too, along with all the other designer’s delights, get your tickets for Content and don’t miss this once-a-year event.
Bridge & Burn
Portland Garment Factory
Betsy & Iya
Kate Troyer - Primal Haunt