Portland Monthly Country Brunch and Bloody Mary Smackdown
Attention weekend food warriors: it’s time, once again, to rise and dine! The upcoming Portland Monthly Country Brunch will bring the honkytonk to Southeast Portland with the best breakfast dishes and Bloody Marys from every corner of the city.
On June 22 from 11:30 am to 2 pm, this country-style grub fest and booze-fueled Bloody May Smackdown will be sunlit by the floor-to-ceiling windows of SE Morrison's Yale Union.
All profits from the event will benefit Zenger Farm's bold new Urban Grange, an 8,960-square-foot facility on the farm for classes, business incubation, and events for its ongoing efforts to connect Portland communities to fresh-grown food.
The rollicking country-themed party will showcase six favorite local chefs—from Bent Brick, Boke Bowl, Departure, Genies Cafe, Lauretta Jean's, and Pine State Biscuits—and their creative takes on Portland's favorite meal. Dishes are set to include:
- Classic Eggs Benedict with housemade Canadian bacon and fresh hollandaise sauce
- Buttermilk biscuits with country sausage gravy
- Mini all-butter-crust tart cherry pies
- Cornmeal crusted Carolina catfish mini-biscuits with sweet pickle remoulade
- Fried chicken and waffle wraps with Thai chili glaze
- Strawberry and Asian pear crisp with candied almonds
- Fried quail eggs with pork in black bean sauce over rice tots
- Corned beef hash sausage with duck fat potatoes and fried egg sauce
On the boozy side of things, Irving Street Tavern will defend last year's first place title in the 2nd Annual Bloody Mary Smackdown, presented by Absolut, against worthy competitors Circa 33, Florida Room, Genies Cafe, Le Bistro Montage, Olympic Provisions, and Pine State Biscuits. Creative cocktail ingredients will include Andouille sausage-infused Absolut Vodka and salami garnishes—and a full pickle bar for DIY additions!
Caleb Klauder Country Band will serenade the whole affair with down-home country tunes, ad guests can finish off their meal of brunch and Bloodys with a special Zenger Farms-inspired herbal ice cream by Ruby Jewel.
Want to get in on the down-home fun? Tickets are just $30 for all-inclusive food and drinks (including seven Bloody Marys!), $20 for brunch-only entry, and kids five and under are free!
Get your tickets here, and we’ll see you there.