Book Your 2015 Farm Dinners Now!
Come spring, a Portlander’s fancy lightly turns to thoughts of al fresco dining—so we’ve gathered a bounty of this summer’s farm dinners, all hosted on farms and vineyards within an hour’s drive of Portland. Act now to snag your spot for an idyllic evening of outdoor dining, farm-to-fork education, and delicious local food.
Take a tour of the Sauvie Island farm and enjoy the knowledgeable company of the winemaker and farmer. Later you’ll sip local wines with a seven-course meal prepared by chef Pascal Chureau and Bella Organic.
- June 13
- June 28
- July 12
- Sept 6
Price: $85–90; Info/Reservations: Bella Organic; Vegetarian/gluten-free options available
PLATE AND PITCHFORK
You’ll be greeted by a glass of wine and an appetizer upon your arrival at the host farm, followed by a tour. Later, you’ll hear from the people who made your 4–5 course meal and enjoy wines paired with each course.
- July 18: Smith Berry Barn: Chefs Matthew Busetto of Firehouse, Kate de Paepe of Blue Pantry, Gretchen Glatte of Woodlawn Coffee & Pastry with Brooks Wines
- July 19: Smith Berry Barn: Chef Greg Smith of Grain & Gristle with chefs Ben Schade and Ben Meyer of Old Salt Marketplace with Chapter 24 Vineyards
- July 31: Domaine Drouhin: Chef Scott Ketterman of Crown Paella with Chefs Joel Stocks and William Preisch of Holdfast
- Aug 1: Domaine Drouhin: Chef Erik Van Kley, formerly of Little Bird Bistro with Chef Joshua McFadden of Ava Gene’s in a special benefit for Farmers Ending Hunger [SOLD OUT]
- Aug 8: Viridian Farms: Chefs Chris DiMinno of Gourmet Century Events, Tony Wilkie of Crossroads Collaborative & Racion, and Joey Serquinia of Harvest Vine with Lumos Wine
- Aug 9: Viridian Farms: Chef Justin Wills from Restaurant Beck with chefs Dana Tough and Brian McCracken of Spur Gastropub with Walter Scott Wines
- Aug 15: Sun Gold Farms: Chefs David Sapp and Scott Dolich of Park Kitchen with chef Rich Meyer from Trifecta Tavern with Love & Squalor Wines
- Aug 16: Sun Gold Farms: Chefs Gregory Gourdet of Departure Restaurant & Lounge and Jose Chesa of Atuala with Violin Wines in a special benefit for Farmers Ending Hunger
- Aug 22: Diggin’ Roots Farm (Molalla): Chefs Aaron Barnett of St. Jack and Sean Temple of Accanto with Division Wine Co in a special benefit for Oregon Tilth
- Aug 23: Diggin’ Roots Farm (Molalla): Chefs Sarah Pliner of Aviary and Kyo Koo of Bluehour with Grochau Cellars
Price: $135–180.; Info/Reservations: Plate and Pitchfork; Select dinners offer vegetarian options.
OUR TABLE IN THE FIELD
This cooperative of established farmers and producers will host three farm dinners this summer, all held on its 58-acre farm in Sherwood and aimed to both inform and delight.
- July 25
- August 22
- September 26
Price: TBD; Info/Reservations: Our Table
OUTSTANDING IN THE FIELD
You can expect wine and appetizers, a host-led tour of Gaston’s Big Table Farm, and a four-course meal with wine pairings—all on a stunning table at the Portland offshoot of this international farm dinner series. July 11 at Big Table Farm, hosted by farmers Clare Carver and Brian Marcy, with guest chef Timothy Wastell from Firehouse
Price: $195; Info/Reservations: Outstanding in the Field
FIELD & VINE
There will be Oregon wine. There will be a tour of the host farm or vineyard. There will be a six-course meal composed of locally sourced ingredients. And best of all, Field & Vine’s dinners benefit the Oregon Farm Loop.
- June 13 St Josef's Vineyard and Winery
- June 27 Pete's Mountain Vineyards & 19th Street Farms
- July 11 Stoller Family Estate & Guest Chef Paul Klistie
- July 18 Christopher Bridge Cellar with Gompers Gin
- July 25 King's Raven Winery (benefits Farmers Ending Hunger)
- Aug 1 Alexeli Vineyards & Portland Creamery
- Aug 15 Beckham Estate Vineyards
- Aug 22 Fir Point Farms
- Aug 30 Rare Plant Research & Villa Catalana Cellars
- Sep 5 Fiala Farms & Dobbes Family Estate
- Sep 12 Alpacas at Marquam Hill
- Sep 19 Terra Vina Wines
Price: $85; Info/Reservations: Field & Vine
PHANTOM RABBIT FARM
Chef Mark Wooten will lead foraging trips that culminate in a wild supper prepared on Phantom Rabbit Farm. Expect pairings with local beer, wine, and cider makers.
- June 28
- July 26
- Aug 30
Price: $100; Info/Reservations: Phantom Rabbit Farm