Ugh. It's Tourist Season in Portland.
Let's size up these annual summer invaders.
- Out-of-town Powell’s browsers may be single-handedly saving print
- Provide opportunities to stop talking, spit into spittoon, scratch needle off record when they walk in the bar
- Lines at Voodoo detract attention from the real doughnut shops around town
- Stray tourists can easily be herded into the Washington Park rose garden
- Impeccable taste in local lifestyle magazines
- The Unipiper’s only social safety net
- Who else is gonna go to Saturday Market?
- Constantly performing some mysterious rite that involves milling about Pioneer Courthouse Square
- All those clicking cameras might actually steal your soul over time
- Strange resistance to figuring out one-way streets downtown
- Artificially propping up Hawthorne Boulevard’s popularity
- Frequently keeping it weirder than any Portlander
- Holding up the lines at the dispensary
- That BrewCycle