Portland's Music Scene Has All the Fans. But Is It ... Good?
What’s all this racket?
- Enduring indie rock scene at last gives 40-something, college-educated white men something to call their own
- City sounds pair surprisingly well with import car commercials
- Band T-shirts make it easy to spot the other cool parents
- Incredibly cute to watch aging music critics attempt to comprehend emerging hip-hop and electronic scenes
- Twenty five years of keeping Malkmus off the streets
- More things Seattle thinks it invented
- Seems like other cities’ musicians now have more tattoos than ours. What is going on?
- Limited potential for racy Behind the Music–style tell-alls, since everybody just ends up working in advertising
- Your folkie aunt’s Soundcloud release just hit 100 listens
- Everclear lyrics: dubious way to learn about gentrification
- Not so many summer jams