What's the Deal with Knute Buehler?
We size up the Republican challenger in the Oregon governor's race.
- The first Republican governor in over 30 years would count as a diversity hire
- Pro-choice, pro-birth control, and pro-gun control views balance out more abhorrent ones
- Orthopedic surgery skills could come in handy at any time
- All the Ferris Bueller jokes
- Sweet retro goatee
- We can pretend the “K” isn’t silent
- Attended Oxford as a Rhodes scholar, because apparently Oregon schools weren’t good enough for him
- Name means “knot” in Norse, which is pretty boring
- Desire to cap state pensions could cause us all to rethink plans to run for same job in the future
- Lives in Bend, among the Californians
- Experience on Ross Perot’s 1992 presidential campaign must’ve had some effect
- Generally grammatical and rational Twitter feed—out of step!