WHERE AND WHAT TO DONATE
- Local nonprofit Blanchet House is taking donations of reusable water bottles (new or gently used) which will be cleaned and filled by staff throughout the day. Water misters are also greatly appreciated and can be found on their Amazon wishlist.
- Be Loved Bloc and Meals On Us PDX are partnering up to collect Gatorade, cold water, and sunscreen this week. You can donate funds directly to this effort via Venmo or you can drop off items at Aveda Institute Portland or Bunk Bar on SE Water Ave.
- Defense Fund PDX needs people to purchase sunscreen and water (optional reimbursement available), as well as community members to help with the pick-up and drop-off of such supplies. Send them a message here if you are able to help.
- Warm Springs Reservation needs drinking water for the days ahead, so Portland’s Bison Coffee House is taking donations of bottled water. Stop by, pick up some delicious coffee, and give back.
- You can also donate bottled water at Portland Rescue Mission on Burnside or by appointment at Shepherd's Door by calling 503-906-7650.
- If you have a space that can stay cool, and you’re willing to open up to those in the heat, check out this handy Multnomah County guide for a comprehensive checklist on opening up a space for where people can cool down.
Know of something we should add to this list? Contact Riley Bass at [email protected]