How to Make a Mind-Blowing Campfire Dinner
Courtesy Lyf Gildersleeve of Flying Fish Company
- 2 lbs Oregon long-line rockfish or lingcod fillets
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 lb zucchini
- ½ lb kale
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 tbsp salt (Jacobsen sea salt recommended)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (Thrive’s “Special Sauce” or Secret Aardvark recommended)
- ½ bottle Ninkasi Radiant Summer Ale
(1) CHOP ingredients into bite-size pieces (cut the potatoes half that size).
(2) MIX all ingredients (including beer and oil) in a big bowl.
(3) CUT tinfoil into 9-by-9-inch squares, and double-layer the squares.
(4) PILE the mixed ingredients in the center of these tinfoil “boats.”
(5) SPLASH another bit of beer into each pouch, then fold and twist them closed.
(6) TRANSPORT in the cooler with your beer (or whatever).
At the Campsite
(1) PLACE the packets on hot coals around the edge of your campfire. Don’t puncture the foil.
(2) COOK for approximately 15 minutes, then check for done-ness. Fish should flake apart with a fork; potatoes should be soft.
(3) EAT right out of the tinfoil boat.