Still don't have Valentine's Day plans? Check out our 2013 V-Day roundup here, and peek at the these just-announced special menus for this Thursday's holiday of love (and foooood):
- Ned Ludd: $100 meaty or vegetarian dinner for two with four courses and drink pairings, seating available at 10 pm.
- Gilt Club: Full menu of food and cocktail specials, details here.
- Saucebox: $50 three-course with pick-your-own options. Menu available here.
- Bluehour: $65 three-course with pick-your-own options. Menu available here.
- Pazzo: "Hook, Line & Sinker" seafood specials like cold-smoked Hawaiian marlin with artichoke or Atlantic Cod Filet with spaghetti squash, pine nuts, roasted tomato and mint.
- Jo Bar: V-Day specials like rotisserie suckling pig, beef tenderloin with a foie gras demi-glace, and rack of lamb.
- Papa Haydn's: Eastside and Westside locations will offer specials (East: house-made tagliatelle with Dungeness crab and aged New York steak; West: elk loin, squab and sea scallops).
- Random Order: Offering a "Sweetie Pie Date" special of two V-Day cocktails, a slice of pie, and two Linzer heart cookies for $20.
What: For the first time in 104 years, Tillamook will offer their "squeaky cheese" to fans outside of the Oregon Coast Cheese Factory for one day only. To celebrate their 104th birthday, Tillamook's fresh-curd Squeaky Cheese will be available for purchase online and proceeds will be donated to the Oregon Food Bank.
When: Wednesday, February 13th
How Much: $15 for two bags. Limited supplies available, more information here.
Chinese New Year at Departure
What: Celebrate the year of the snake with Chef Gregory Gourdet's feast of classic Asian ingredients that each represent well wishes for the New Year. This multi-course menu will be served family style, with dishes that bring long life, fortune, strength, fertility and prosperity (think crispy ducks spring rolls, hot and sour soup, pork with winter melon and crispy shallots, and pineapple cake with cashew brittle and honey caramel).
When: February 18th through 24th, the last week of the Chinese New Year. guests can enjoy a
Where: Departure 525 SW Morrison Street
How Much: $45 per person. Reservations available from 5 to 11 pm for the tasting menu by calling 503-802-5370.
Wandering Aengus Cider Dinner at Firehouse
What: Part of Firehouse's third Monday pairing dinner series, this event will feature a 100% gluten-free dinner with pairings from Wandering Aengus Ciderworks from Salem. Members of the cidermaking team will be available to answer questions, and dishes will include braised squid and borlotti bean salad with house-cured sardines, grilled tri-tip steak with arugula and marrow-hazelnut salsa, and flourless chocolate torte with white chocolate whipped cream and house preserved cherries.
When: Monday, February 18th at 6:30 pm
Where: Firehouse at 711 NE Dekum
How Much: $60 per person including food, cider, and gratuity. Call 503-954-1702 to reserve your seat.
Alma Chocolate Dinner with Kristen Murray
When: Saturday, February 23rd at 7 pm
Where: American Brush Building 116 NE 6th Avenue, Suite 101
How Much: $65 per person, BYOB (bubbles encouraged). All tickets sold in advance, purchase your seats here.
Rick Moonen Pop-Up Dinner at Riffle NW
What: Las Vegas-based celebrity chef and cookbook author Rick Moonen will drop in for a one-night-only dinner at Portland's Riffle NW. The former Top Chef Masters contestant and Top Chef judge will team up with Riffle chef Ken Norris for a six-course meal featuring three dishes from each chef (think lobster burrata, Thai papaya salad with seared scallops, oysters and branzino).
When: Thursday, February 28th
Where: Riffle NW at 333 NW 13th
How Much: $95 for six courses, with $50 optional wine and cocktail pairing. To book your seat, call 503-984-8978 or email [email protected]
The Connoisseur Beer and Whiskey Dinner at Laurelwood
What: The new SE Milwaukie location of Laurelwood Public House & Brewery is hosting a pairing dinner featuring barrel aged beers and whiskey from Young’s Market Company. Brewers will be on hand to talk beer and a spirits representative will touch base on the whiskey selections. Dishes will include housemade anise and caraway bruschetta with coffee glazed duck confit, braised buffalo rib and elk medallion with potatoes dauphine, and mango macadamia nut canolli.
When: Thursday, February 28th from 6 to 9 pm
Where: Laurelwood Public House at 6716 SE Milwaukie Ave.
How Much: $70 per person, including all food, drinks, and gratuity. Reserve your spot by calling 503-894-8267.