On Saturday, October 11, two giants from the Paleo world will join forces to give a real-food spin to Portland's favorite meal, when blogging star and cookbook author Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo will swing through town for a Pop-Up Paleo Brunch at Departure.
Tam and chef Gregory Gourdet—ultramarathon runner, Top Chef Boston contestant, and Paleo eater—have put their minds together to create a dreamy menu featuring Paleofied versions of classic brunch dishes, served cafeteria style.
We got a sneak peek at the gluten-, dairy-, soy-, sugar-, legume-, and grain-free menu:
- Carrot, ginger, zucchini Muffins
- Smoked salmon with citrus and Japanese chile
- Eggs baked in avocado with bacon vinaigrette
- Sweet potato and roasted chile hash
- Collard greens with caramelized onion and squash quiche
- Grilled hanger steak with radish kimchee
- Fish sauce chicken sausage patties
- Blueberry-banana pancakes with ginger, macadamia, and maple syrup
- Green smoothies with cocoa nibs and gogi berries
The $50 ticket also includes a drink from the bloody mary bar or a mimosa—plus a Nom Nom Paleo action figure. The pop-up brunch comes less than a year after Tam and Gourdet's blow-out Nom Nom Paleo dinner at Departure, so their collaborative flow is still intact. You don't want to miss this.
Pop-Up Paleo Brunch at Departure
October 11, 10 am-12 pm
525 SW Morrison St
Call to make a reservation: 503-802-5370