Take a Hike in the Gorge and Reap the Rewards
The wonders of the Columbia River Gorge lay just beyond Portland, and there's no better way to explore them than to take a hike (well, maybe a nostalgic food-powered drive comes close).
To sweeten the deal for those on foot, businesses throughout the city of Stevenson, Washington have banded together for the second year in a row to offer an incentive to get outside and hike: a 10% discount will be given at many stores throughout town to all people who hike in the Columbia Gorge from October 10-12.
Simply take a photo or video of your hike and present it at any of the following retailers for your 10% discount:
- Walking Man Brewery
- Big River Grill
- El Rio Texicantina
- Robbie’s Coffee Shop
- Andrew’s Pizza
- Columbia Hardware
- Klickitat Canyon Winery Tasting Room
- Out on a Limb
- Tin Roof Rusted
- Lizette Boutique
Any hike in the Gorge will allow you to take advantage of this discount, or you can try one of these suggested treks:
- Dog Mountain: 6.9 Miles, Difficult. Steep trails with highly rewarding views of the beautiful Columbia Gorge.
- Falls Creek Falls: 3.4 Miles, Easy. This straightforward, family friendly hike meanders through forests, a suspension bridge, a creek and eventually to the beautiful falls! Be ready to possibly get wet!
- Beacon Rock: 1.8 Miles, Moderate. This hike (which takes you over 17 bridges and 54 switchbacks) leads you to the top of Beacon Rock where you can enjoy stunning views of the surrounding Gorge.
- Hamilton Mountain: 7.5 Miles, Moderate. Though this hike is challenging, it offers all a hike can: Cliffs, waterfalls, dense forests, and all encompassing views.
- Cape Horn Loop: 7.7 Miles, Difficult. The Cape Horn Loop leads through expansive forest which offers a chance to see the fall colors changing.
- Whistle Punk: 2.5 Miles, Easy. This easy loop is great for the whole family!
- Table Mountain: 8 Miles, Difficult. This day long hike is a great mix of jaw-dropping views and lovely natural alpine lakes.
- Skamania Lodge Trails: 1-1.75 Miles, Easy-Moderate. There are three trails around the lodge, all of which offer easy and relaxing trips.
October is the perfect time to experience autumn's change of colors as well as the last rays of sunshine of the year, so get out and enjoy nature while supporting great local businesses! For more information on hikes and places to stay visit cityofstevenson.com.