It's Grilling Season with Foster Farms and Fred Meyer!
Grilled Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Cabbage is a few simple steps to an impressive summer dish!
2 lbs Foster Farms Free Range Boneless Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup flavorless oil (vegetable, canola or avocado)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds removed if desired
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Blend all marinade ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour over chicken and allow to marinate for several hours or overnight. Heat grill to high heat. Place chicken on grill and turn down to medium heat. Cook chicken until nicely browned. Continue to cook on indirect heat for an additional 20-30 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
For the Slaw:
- ½ large cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced thin on a mandolin
- 1 small apple, julienned
- 1 red pepper, cut into ½-inc dice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cashew cream (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Add cabbage to bowl and toss with salt. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes while preparing the other ingredients. Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add apple and fennel to cabbage and mix together. Add dressing and toss to coat. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.